This lesson is a quick overview of some rhythmic phrasing concepts that can be expressed using two rudiments: the flam tap, and the flam tap-tap. The idea is to use groupings of 2's and 3's to come up with different rhythmic "shapes" or "landscapes".
This can open the door to a new world of phrasing concepts.
Understanding how to organize note groupings can provide a more adventurous palette from which to draw a creative expression.
In this lesson you get:
- A video explaining the concept with 4 playing examples
- A video play-along of the four examples played 32 times each (128 measures total)
- A PDF of the two rudiments, as well as the four exercises discussed in the video.
- An MP3 play-along of the 128 measure exercise with drums
- An MP3 play-along of the 128 measure exercise without drums