Groove Meditation 4.1, Exercises 1-12
The Groove Meditations are exercises designed to develop 4-way independence and muscle memory with patterns that start off fairly simple and grow in difficulty over the course of the series.
There are several "levels" to approaching these exercises.
- Reading the exercises on the page, getting the coordination together
- Making it through the playalong completely without losing your place (for instance, this particular series is a 5-bar phrase repeated eight times)
- Committing the exercise to memory (this can prove quite challenging, especially for the exercises toward the end of the series)
- Being able to go from one to the next in the "Full Series" play-along"
*The Full Series play-along is a new feature that I will be introducing across the board with all of the exercise series' that I post. This allows you to play each exercise for pass of the phrase, which in this case is 5 measures.
Keep in mind that exercises 1-9 are all one measure long, so you will play each of those 5 times in order to complete the musical phrase, but then exercises 10-12 are five measures long, so each of those only gets played one time through before going on to the next.
Groove Meditation 4.1 involves 4-way independence, and the right hand is where the permutating ostinato lives.
What you get:
- An original composition created to accompany the exercise
- A PDF of the 12 exercises
- 3 MP3's. One with drums, one without, and one "Full Series" without click